Wineries & Vineyards
Note: For groups larger than 6, most wineries will require a prior reservation.
- Driftwood Estate Winery (4001 Elder Hill Road CR 170, Driftwood, TX 78619) – I recommend visiting this winery first. The tasting room is perched on a bluff overlooking the vineyard and has excellent long-distance views and a huge covered pavilion so as you can imagine this place is pretty popular on the weekends.
- Wimberley Valley Winery (2825 Lone Man Mountain Rd, Driftwood, TX 78619) – Has a large yard with a spacious, multi-level deck to hang out on. The tasting room is probably the largest one and most convenient for larger groups. Try their wine slushies!
- Salt Lick Cellars (18300 FM 1826, Driftwood, TX 78619) – The newest of the local wineries…Their first Tempranillo was bottled in late 2008 and their tasting room opened in 2009. It is located on the grounds of the famous Salt Lick BBQ, a spot to enjoy lunch.
- Fall Creek Vineyards (18059A FM 1826, Driftwood, TX 78619) – This winery has the most beautiful tasting room around, a great place to buy a bottle and hang out after a tasting. They are known for their award-winning red wines including their Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Duchman Family Winery (13308 FM 150 W, Driftwood, TX 78619) – This winery is a slice of Tuscan heaven! I would suggest ending your day at this winery because there is a delicious Italian food restaurant (Trattoria Liscina) located on the same grounds so you can walk over after your tasting to have dinner.
- Middleton Brewery (101 Oakwood Loop, San Marcos, TX 78666) – Don’t let the address fool you, this brewery is only 10 minutes from the Wimberley town square. They have delicious craft beers and usually there is live music on the weekends. Very kid & pet friendly.
- Brewster’s (9595 RR 12, Wimberley, TX 78767) – Owned and operated by Bruce Collie, former San Franscisco 49’er and Philadelphia Eagle Player along with his family of 14! Enjoy delicious pizza and beer on tap. Great place to watch a sports game!
- Twisted X (23455 W Ranch Road 150 in Dripping Springs) – Known for their unique “Tex-Mex” beer options like the Fuego, a Jalapeno Pilsner. They offer a great tasting menu, delicious food truck, and a nice outdoor patio.